One of CDH’s favorite comfort food, and a recipe I made up all by myself. I order Chilli Fries from Denny’s every time we go, but one day I had a chilli fies craving whilst staying at a friend’s place – not a Denny’s in sight. Hello, improvisation!
I once put this recipe up on the “ratshit recipes” thread on NZMetal.com and had it declared the “most metal recipe ever”, so I thought I’d share with you.
Chilli Fries of Filth
- I packet beer batter chips (or whatever chips you prefer. The thicker, the better)
- 500 grams of mince
- 1 can chilli beans (we use Watties Mild cuz CDH hates hot food, but when I’m on my own I bring out the super chilli!)
- 1 can chunky pasta sauce / diced tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 red capsicum
- cheese. Lots of cheese
- Sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and place chips in oven. Cut onion and capsicum into tiny pieces. Place onion in pan with a little oil and brown for 2 minutes.
2. Add mince to the pan. Brown mince and onion for a further 3-5 minutes.
3. Add can of chilli beans, capsicum and pasta sauce to taste. Turn heat down and simmer until chips are done.
4. Spread chips on plate, dump chilli mixture on top. Coat liberally with cheese and sour cream. Eat.